What are Doodads made from?
All of the items on this site are made from either 3mm or 6mm thick Perspex.
Some of the items are backed with a layer of gloss laminate which acts as a bond and strengthens the item.
Both of these materials are laser cut and then hand assembled and sealed using a synthetic bonding compound.
Facts about Perspex
- Perspex is a trade name of Lucite International and is polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) acrylic sheet
- The best method for cleaning Perspex sheet is by wiping with a mild cleaning agent and a soft cloth to loosen any dirt and grime.
- You should not use chemicals, glass spray, or other abrasive cleaning materials, nor should you use any form of scraper or squeegee or other sharp instruments.
- Please note that Perspex must not be positioned near to any naked flame, nor exposed to temperatures in excess of 75 degrees C.
- Perspex is relatively strong but will snap if you bend it or could break if you drop it on a hard surface.
Doodad And Fandango uses quality surgical steel ear studs and backs to minimise allergic reactions.
But I don't have pierced ears!
That’s okay silly!
Doodad And Fandango can make every pair of earrings with clip on earring findings, simply make a note of it when completing your order at checkout.
Description of items
Every care is take to describe the item’s size and approximate weight and provide realistic colour representation.
Please note that colours can vary from computer screen to screen.
Most of the earrings are LARGE sized, sometimes items can be scaled down if you aren’t into jumbo accessories.
Please email for a Custom Order if you would like a smaller version of an item.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Returns are only accepted on full priced items and are decided on a case by case basis.
According to Australian Consumer Law, consumer guarantees do not apply if you got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it. Please refer to this website for more information about consumer rights in Australia.
If you would like to return an item, please contact within 3 days of receiving it and Doodad and Fandango will email you with instructions on how to return the item. Items must be returned via trackable delivery within 5 days to be eligible for a return. Once returned, the item will be examined via a quality control checking process to ensure it has not been worn/used. Following this the purchaser will be issued a credit coupon which will be valid for up to 6 months from issuing date. This will not include postage costs paid for the original item.
To claim a return please contact email@example.com
- All prices quoted on this website and in emails are in Australian currency.
- All transactions are completed using Paypal.
- Prices are non-negotiable.
- Doodad And Fandango reserves the right to change the prices of items at anytime.
- Please note that all of the items are made individually to order and hand assembled in Sydney, Australia. The prices reflect this and yes may be more than a mass produced factory item. Doodad + Fandango supports local and handmade fashion. Support your local designer!
- Doodad + Fandango is happy to repair items purchased from the site at no extra charge for a period of 60 days of the customer receiving it.
- All associated shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- Our warranty does not extend to damages resulting from improper care (e.g. dropping an item and it breaking etc).
- For purchases older than 60 days, repairs will be subject to a fee assessed on a case by case basis.
- Please contact with specific requests to determine whether repairs can be accommodated and the associated charges.
- We’ll always do our best to repair your piece.
- Items should be sent with the subject line: ATTN REPAIRS